Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

What Not To Say To A Military Mom (or Dad)

When you see me wearing a yellow ribbon on my shirt,
please don't remind me of how bad it is "over there"
instead offer to pray for my son
When you see my car pull up with a yellow ribbon
and bumper sticker that says until they all come home
please don't remind me of "another three months"
ask me his name
and offer a prayer of protection for him and
all the other son's, daughter's, mother's, father's,
husband's and wives in the military
When you want to talk to me about the war
please don't tell me it is
unnecessary for them to be over there
and that the government made them go;
I am proud of my son and everyone else that is fighting
so we can have the freedoms that we do...
And may I remind people that there is no draft
in this great country
all the soldiers in the military made the choice to join,
knowing that we are in a time of war
When you see a tear running down my cheek
please don't tell me you know how hard this must be,
instead offer a hug and a prayer
For those of you who have a loved one in the military,
then you probably know what I am talking about
and for those of you who do not,
now you know what it is that a military family needs...
PRAYER!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

CHECK OUT THESE VIDEO'S