Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2007

Shaken to the core.....

Yesterday was a very upsetting day. I woke to the news of 14 soldiers killed in the Black Hawk that went down in Northern Iraq. First I prayed that the son of someone I know was not the pilot & then I did what I do when I hear news of any casualty.......I cried. I pretty much do that every morning to get it all out but then I pull up my boot straps & do something good for the ones that are still there & look for the good news of what they are doing so I can pass it along here.

Well, before we went to bed last nite I saw on the evening news that one of the soldiers on that Black Hawk was Cpl Nathan Hubbard. His brother, Lance Cpl. Jared Hubbard, had been killed in Iraq in 2004 & his other brother was on another Black Hawk that saw his go down. The tears flowed....I cried myself to sleep. I get myself thru all this believing that this kind of thing doesn't happen. Our first born daughter died from SIDS in January 1984 so I do know that pain of burying your child....it is definitely something no one should ever have to endure. How can you possibly survive the death of a second child for any reason as you struggle so much to go on after the first.

Please pray for this family & give them your condolances in this online guest book at Legacy.com....along with the families of the other 13 who died in that crash. Continue to pray for all who serve & those who gave their all for our country and the family & friends who support them while they do.

No comments:

CHECK OUT THESE VIDEO'S