Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

CARDS ARE OFF TO IRAQ

Well all the cards are off to Iraq. These final 3 cards are ones I made for the LT to send to his wife & sons. I CASE'd the one with the flower but for the life of me I can not find it again to give credit where credit is due. If you are the designer of this card please let me know so I can tell the world (or the little part of it that comes here) who you are. I will be making more of these I am sure.
As soon as I got back from the run to the Post Office (plus a couple other errands we had to do) there was an email that the son of one of the members of Operation Mom, a Marine, was due to land to SFO at 8PM. She was planning a surprise party & wanted us all to be there. Steve & I quickly changed & headed back out the door to Round Table Pizza in Newark to wait. They arrived at about 9:15ish & boy was he surprised. Friends & Family shouted "Surprise!!" from the darkened party room as they came thru the front door. His mom had gotten him there under the guise of seeing family who worked there. It really was a great time had by all & Mom sure was grinning big time. Welcome Home Marine!!
Next month another son will be coming home to another happy family.....will keep you all posted after that event. Wish I knew when mine would be home.

No comments:

CHECK OUT THESE VIDEO'S